Bamboo Technology Group Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
For the purpose of GDPR the data controller is Bamboo Technology Group Ltd of 2nd Floor, GC Campus, Princess Elizabeth Way, Cheltenham, GL51 7SJ. In addition, in certain situations, we will also act as a processor, in which case we will only act as instructed by the relevant controller of the personal data.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of GDPR is Lorrin White.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.bamboo.tech. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Bamboo Technology Group Ltd may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- Data will only be retained for the designated timescales around which it is legitimately required. This may be governed by additional legislation or compliance requirements.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Unless we have your specific consent, we will not use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you. If this is the case, we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Bamboo Technology Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for external marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com or on 01242 246700. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with GDPR. Any access request will be processed free of charge, within one month of request. However, we can charge a reasonable fee when a request is deemed to be manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive or if it is a further request for additional copies of information previously supplied. In the case of complex or numerous requests, the response time may be extended to two months and an explanation will be provided.